This beautifully crafted 3 part radio series “The Confidence Trick” by Laura Barton delves into the role played by our education, background, class and gender in determining our levels of confidence.
In “The Confidence Trick” – Laura admits that she is hugely frustrated by the lack of confidence that has run through her life. She’s frustrated at not having the confidence to say what she wants in a friendship or a romantic relationship. She’s frustrated that she worked at a newspaper for ten years and it took eight years for her to ask for a pay rise. Laura shares that it would take all her pluck to walk across the office to go to the photocopier, even as an adult woman.
There are some marvellous interviews and one particularly with Katty Kay, the author of The Confidence Code where Katty discusses how women underestimate their abilities and then hold themselves back at work.
- How to Write a Killer Resume
- 5 Reasons You Need an Amazing Linkedin Profile
- Linkedin Video Series _ How to Create Your Profile, Increase Your Searchability, Network and Job-Hunt!
- Resume Revamp and Linkedin Profile Creation – Outsource it to Us!
- Get the Job You Want Coaching Programme!
If you enjoyed this post pin it for later or share with your friends on social media!