I attend “Women into Management” events in my role as a Learning Manager.
Here are my top 11 insights on what you can do to help you move up the career ladder:
- Have confidence in yourself – you got the job because you’re the best candidate and you deserve it
- Create a network at work and in your industry or your line of business
- Create an expanded network outside of work – this could be through outside interests, clubs, orgs. or online
- Building strong relationships is critical, so make friends wherever you go
- Use your contacts to help you influence
- Resolve conflict by listening and coming to an agreeable solution
- Stand out – it’s not always who you know, but who knows you
- Speak slower, with clarity and a strong voice to command authority
- Find a mentor – someone to guide you and check your thinking
- Don’t stop yourself moving on by being loyal to your manager and team
- Support each other, help your fellow sisters!
Doing just one of these better can help to give you the edge. I’m going to be writing more on each of these insights over the next few weeks.
I’d love to hear from you so let me know if you have any insights to add to this list.
Here at Work It Sister, I’ll help you to be career confident and become a perfect candidate and get noticed by recruiters.
I’ll show you how to write an amazing resume, raise your game online with a fantastic Linkedin profile, increase your job search success and get you ready to interview to get the job you want, get a promotion or move up the career ladder. Find out more here:
- How to Write a Killer Resume
- 5 Reasons You Need an Amazing Linkedin Profile
- Linkedin Video Series _ How to Create Your Profile, Increase Your Searchability, Network and Job-Hunt!
- Resume Revamp and Linkedin Profile Creation – Outsource it to Us!
- Get the Job You Want Coaching Programme!
If you enjoyed this post pin it for later or share with your friends on social media!