I attend “Women into Management” events in my role as a Learning Manager and I get some awesome tips at these events on how women can get ahead at work.
Here are my top 11 insights on what you can do to help you move up the career ladder and get ahead at work:
- Have confidence in yourself – you got the job because you’re the best candidate and you deserve it
- Create a network at work and in your industry or your line of business
- Create an expanded network outside of work – this could be through outside interests, clubs, orgs. or online
- Building strong relationships is critical, so make friends wherever you go
- Use your contacts to help you influence
- Resolve conflict by listening and coming to an agreeable solution
- Stand out – it’s not always who you know, but who knows you
- Speak slower, with clarity and a strong voice to command authority
- Find a mentor – someone to guide you and check your thinking
- Don’t stop yourself moving on by being loyal to your manager and team
- Support each other, help your fellow sisters!
Doing just one of these better can help to give you the edge. I’m going to be writing more on each of these insights over the next few weeks.
I’d love to hear from you so let me know if you have any insights to add to this list.
Here are some blog posts to help you get your next job:
- How to Write a Killer Resume
- 60+Words to “Power Up” your Resume from Good to Amazing!
- How to Write Resume to Get You Past the ATS and Get an Interview
- How to Create a Linkedin Profile Recruiters Love in 11 Easy Steps
- How to get the Job You Want and Earn More?
- How to Identify Your Personal Brand and Why You Need One
- How to Promote Your Personal Brand to Boost Your Earning Potential
Are you ready to start ROCKING YOUR LIFE?
Welcome to Work It Sister!
I’m Jo! I’m a career, relationship and healthy living coach. I help women who’ve had major setbacks in their career, relationships and health who feel like they’ve lost their mojo start ROCKING their life with the ROCK YOUR LIFE METHOD…woohoo!
On my blog I share some tools, tips and shizzle that works to help you get back on top and start rocking your life again….woohoo!
Check out my blogs on:
I’m busy rocking my life as a career, relationship and healthy living coach and doing all the things I love like yoga, pilates, meditation and exploring happiness. Learn more about me here….peace and love always…Jo xxx
If you enjoyed this post pin it for later or share with your friends on social media!