“We are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called You.” Tom Peters, Writer
When you’ve identified your personal brand, you can start sharing it with the world.
How to promote your personal brand:
1) Create an amazing Linkedin profile that makes you stand out
Whether you want to attract recruiters, headhunters, potential new employers or maximise your chances for new opportunities, Linkedin is the place to share your brand. Some people you meet in business will look you up on Linkedin so use it to tell your story and sing your brand. Let them know why you’re the go-to person for what you do.
2) Be authentic and keep your branding consistent across your social media channels
Things to consider:
- Lock down your Facebook page so that everybody can’t access it.
- Consider using the same photo across all platforms.
- Think about 5 or 6 things you want to be known for on each platform.
- Be authentic! Is this what you’re like in real life?
- Think less about followers and more about credibility.
- Look to connect and comment intellectually on others posts around those hot topics.
- Before posting think “will this help build the brand?”
3) Set up a website promoting what you do
This works well for those in the creative industries to showcase your work. Or for slashees who have one job/and another side gig. Get yourname.com to help you get on page one of Google in a search for “you”.
You can earn up to 25% more with a great personal brand says Ann Bastianelli in her TEDx Talk.
- How to Write a Killer Resume
- 5 Reasons You Need an Amazing Linkedin Profile
- Linkedin Video Series _ How to Create Your Profile, Increase Your Searchability, Network and Job-Hunt!
- Resume Revamp and Linkedin Profile Creation – Outsource it to Us!
- Get the Job You Want Coaching Programme!
If you enjoyed this post pin it for later or share with your friends on social media!