Here are 5 absolute essentials you need to do to ace your job interview:
1) Get to know your resume back to frontStudy and learn your resume and ensure you can happily talk through all previous roles as well as the most recent.
2) Do your company researchCheck the company website and Linked-in page for past articles and look up the people who are interviewing you.
3) Know what your unique selling points are – This is important!What experience can you share that demonstrates that you can do this role. Where can you add value in this role and contribute to the company as an organisation? Make a list of these points. What problem do they have that you can solve for them?
4) Prepare for a competency-based job interviewWork through all of your scenarios and ensure all of your answers are relevant to this role. Weave in your unique selling points throughout. Think about the language you want to use. Try to mirror some of the language they have used in the job spec, especially if they have industry-specific terms. And prepare for this question:
5) Choose your questions to ask the interviewerAsking intelligent questions demonstrates that you are interested in the role, the team you will work with and the company. It will also show you have prepared and hiring managers love that.
- 21 Intelligent Questions To Ask In An Interview
- 10 Questions You Should Never Ask In A Job Interview!
- Dress smartly for confidence, and must be appropriate
- Always arrive early ( check travel times or do run through of the journey beforehand, so there are no surprises on the day)
- Turn your phone off
- Greet your interviewers with a big smile, a firm handshake, eye contact and introduce yourself
- Build rapport early. Maybe ask how their day is going or comment on the area, building etc. – be genuine though
- Be positive! Stand tall and go for it!
- Don’t rush your answers, pause for thought and consider before answering
- Don’t say “we” through the interview when you mean “I”. You’re there to tell them what you have done previously.
- Don’t try to blag your way through an answer, if you don’t know something be honest!
Be Yourself – You Got This!
Here at Work It Sister, I’ll help you to be career confident and become a perfect candidate and get noticed by recruiters.
I’ll show you how to write an amazing resume, raise your game online with a fantastic Linkedin profile, increase your job search success and get you ready to interview to get the job you want, get a promotion or move up the career ladder.
These posts will help you get the job you want:
- How to Write a Killer Resume
- How to Write Resume to Get You Past the ATS and Get an Interview
- How to Create a Linkedin Profile that Recruiters Love in 11 Easy Steps!
- How to Identify Your Personal Brand and Why You Need One
- How to Promote Your Personal Brand to Boost Your Earning Potential
- How to Get the Job You Want and Earn More!
If you enjoyed this post pin it for later or share with your friends on social media!