“You have been criticising yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” Louise L. Hay
Here you will learn some easy self love techniques that will help you boost your confidence.
People who consider themselves as having no admirable qualities may develop low self-esteem. They may feel as if no one likes them or accepts them or they can’t do well in anything.
People with healthy self-esteem are able to feel good about themselves and take pride in their skills and accomplishments. They find opportunities to congratulate, compliment and reward themselves, even for the smallest successes.
Here are some easy self love techniques that you can do to boost your confidence.
One of the most popular confidence building exercises is to list your strengths, natural abilities and achievements. If this is challenging for you or you don’t believe you have many strengths or talents you will see that’s not actually true.
What about the little things you do such as helping others, complimenting someone, completing a piece of work on time, making dinner for your partner/kids? All these are areas where you have achieved something, however small. So be kind to yourself and recognise these – appreciate yourself, as others appreciate you.
1) Appreciate Yourself
To get you started, read the questions below:
- What did I accomplish last week, however small?
- Who did I help in the last month? How did that make me feel?
- Who loves and appreciates me for what I am? Unconditionally!
- What challenge or fear have I overcome?
- What do I do well?
- What new skill have I learnt?
Look back at these questions and write down your response. If you are really stuck for answers, ask a trusted friend, family member or colleague and believe their feedback! Remember: they know you and want to support you.
It helps to surround yourself with people who see your excellence even if you don’t.
Here are 4 other easy ways to start to appreciate and love yourself!
2) Daily Appreciation
At the end of each day list your achievements and successes throughout that day, however small.
3) Compliments Folder
Create a “compliments” folder on your laptop: when you receive praise at work or home, list this in your Compliments Folder – when you are feeling low in confidence and need a boost, open your folder and read the fantastic comments.
4) Small Goals
Set yourself small goals that you can win easily and list these once you’ve achieved them then congratulate yourself!
5) Confidence Diary
Keep a Confidence Diary: complete this at the start of the week with things to be grateful for, successes you’ve had, those you’ve helped etc. Answering these types of questions at the beginning of each week will set you up for success and remind you of what great things you’ve got going for you in your life right now.
The Self Love Seven Day Challenge
Finally, here is another short confidence building exercise for you.
1) Write down five things where you have added value to something or someone at the end of each night for the next seven days. Use the 7 Day Challenge Template below.
The 7 Day Self-Love Challenge Template
Write out each statement in the following format:
Number 1 was when I…
It meant that…
Afterwards, I felt…
If this doesn’t come naturally to you, just try to remember to include everything, even the little things such as the 30 minutes you spent with the kids when you would usually be watching TV, for example.
2) At the end of the seven days, take 10 minutes to look through your list and reflect on how great you are.
3) Repeat this whenever you need to give your confidence a boost.
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”
If you have some amazing self love techniques that help you boost confidence, I’d love to hear about them in the comments below!
- How to Write a Killer Resume
- 5 Reasons You Need an Amazing Linkedin Profile
- Linkedin Video Series _ How to Create Your Profile, Increase Your Searchability, Network and Job-Hunt!
- Resume Revamp and Linkedin Profile Creation – Outsource it to Us!
- Get the Job You Want Coaching Programme!
If you enjoyed this post pin it for later or share with your friends on social media!