New job anxiety, relationship anxiety, side hustle anxiety plus all my new goal anxieties are taking over big time. Here are 20 positive affirmations to help you and I beat anxiety. Plus my fave “You Got This!” Go sisters!!!!
Positive affirmations are a fantastic and powerful tool to help you ease anxiety and calm you down in the midst of a panic attack.
I use positive affirmations to keep me relaxed and sooth my mind when I’m in a stressful situation, and anxiety is taking over.
You can read about the other tools I use for anxiety relief here:
What are positive affirmations?
Positive affirmations are short phrases that you deliberately repeat over and over which creates an auto-suggestion.
Here’s an example:
“All is well, and I am safe, the universe has got me!”
Repeating positive affirmations helps to reset the good neural connections in our brain. New, healthy thought patterns emerge and start to become the norm. Our brain recognises these positive thoughts and acts accordingly by cooling the physical responses to stress and anxiety.
How to use positive affirmations for anxiety
Choose one or two affirmations that are personal to you and that you believe in. You’ll notice that when you’re anxious and stressed you might have lots of negative thoughts that are unhelpful. The trick is to start to replace your negative thoughts with your chosen affirmations. Keep repeating them slowly to yourself until your mind calms down and you relax and let your worry slip away.
How to use positive affirmations during a panic attack
If you’ve ever had a panic attack, you’ll know the terror that you feel in those stressful moments can feel like it’s never going to stop. It’s scary! You’ll also know that using breathing exercises coupled with positive affirmations can restore calm to your mind and body and help you back to a place of peace.
Once you recognise you’re having a panic attack start to focus on your breathing. It will be shallow! It’s very likely that you’re not fully exhaling which will feel like you can’t catch your breath.
Start to slow down your breathing with a simple breathing exercise:
- Breathe in slowly, deeply and gently for a count of 5 through your nose
- Breathe out slowly, deeply and gently for a count of 5 through your mouth
- Close your eyes and focus on counting your breath
Once you get a steady breathing rhythm, begin to repeat your chosen positive affirmation until your panic attack loses its power and you start to feel calm and relaxed.
Here are twenty positive affirmations to choose from to use when you feel anxious or even in the midst of a panic attack:
1) I feel relaxed, calm and collected
2) This feeling is only temporary and will pass shortly
3) All is well in my world, and I am safe
4) The Universe has got me!
5) I breathe in relaxation! I breathe out stress!
6) I am calm, happy and content
7) Calmness washes over me and I feel at peace
8) As I breathe out, all of the muscles in my body release and relax
9) With every exhale I release the tension
10) Stress is evaporating from my body and my mind (visualise this)
11) Each day I feel calmer and more relaxed
12) I inhale strength and exhale fear
13) I release the past and look forward to a fulfilling future
14) I fill my mind with positive, healing thoughts
15) I replace fear with love
16) I look towards the future with hope and happiness
17) Life is wonderful. I trust in the Universe to help me live a good life.
18) I love myself deeply and unconditionally
19) I am enough
20) I’ve survived this before, I’ll survive now!
21) You got this!
My fave’s right now are Number 15, number 19 and 21 (obvs!!!). Let me know what works for you!
Another post you might like:
Are you ready to start ROCKING YOUR LIFE?
Welcome to Work It Sister!
I’m Jo! I’m a career, relationship and healthy living coach. I help women who’ve had major setbacks in their career, relationships and health who feel like they’ve lost their mojo start ROCKING their life with the ROCK YOUR LIFE METHOD…woohoo!
On my blog I share some tools, tips and shizzle that works to help you get back on top and start rocking your life again….woohoo!
Check out my blogs on:
I’m busy rocking my life as a career, relationship and healthy living coach and doing all the things I love like yoga, pilates, meditation and exploring happiness. Learn more about me here….peace and love always…Jo xxx
If you enjoyed this post pin it for later or share with your friends on social media!