I learned this fantastic confidence tip on how to speak with authority from one of my lovely work buddies. At work, I noticed he always spoke so clearly and eloquently on the phone and, I asked him what his secret was. He used to train army officers to cut through the noise in difficult situations and get their orders out to their soldiers in a clear and precise way.
I could easily see how it worked well now, to help him get his point across in difficult and highly pressurised work situations.
He uses this technique at work when he’s holding conference calls with people from all over the world, where on many occasions English is not their first language. It really helps you to be heard!
When To Speak With Authority At Work
I love this technique as you’ll see you can use it in the workplace when:
- You’re presenting in a meeting
- You’re hosting a conference call or a virtual meeting
- You’re sharing critical information and, you want everyone to hear and understand the detail.
- Anytime you want to command authority, in work and life!
You can couple this technique with some body language confidence boosters too:
Use This Simple Technique To Speak With Authority At Work
It’s so simple, once you learn it, you can use it just when you need it.
So sisters, here it is, you’ll be commanding people like an army officer in no time.
CLAP – Clear, Loud, As an order, with Pauses
Just follow these super simple steps to speak with authority at work:
CLEAR – Speak clearly so your point can be heard.
LOUD – Say it loud enough, so your message lands firmly with the people it’s intended for.
As an ORDER – Picture yourself as an army officer commanding your troops.
with PAUSES – Have deliberate pauses after delivering sentences so that people can digest before making your next point.
That’s how to speak with authority at work. Let me know how it works for you in the comments below
Here’s another post you might like:
Here are some blog posts to help you get your next job:
- How to Write a Killer Resume
- 60+Words to “Power Up” your Resume from Good to Amazing!
- How to Write Resume to Get You Past the ATS and Get an Interview
- How to Create a Linkedin Profile Recruiters Love in 11 Easy Steps
- How to get the Job You Want and Earn More?
- How to Identify Your Personal Brand and Why You Need One
- How to Promote Your Personal Brand to Boost Your Earning Potential
Are you ready to start ROCKING YOUR LIFE?
Welcome to Work It Sister!
I’m Jo! I’m a career, relationship and healthy living coach. I help women who’ve had major setbacks in their career, relationships and health who feel like they’ve lost their mojo start ROCKING their life with the ROCK YOUR LIFE METHOD…woohoo!
On my blog I share some tools, tips and shizzle that works to help you get back on top and start rocking your life again….woohoo!
Check out my blogs on:
I’m busy rocking my life as a career, relationship and healthy living coach and doing all the things I love like yoga, pilates, meditation and exploring happiness. Learn more about me here….peace and love always…Jo xxx