I’ve been asking, “what do I need less of?” Finding a new job and creating Work It Sister need my full attention and as I’m online a lot, I want to cut the time I spend reading pointless emails, advertisements and news feeds.
In a digital world where so much information is at our fingertips and coming at us from all angles, how can we better filter what’s valuable information and what isn’t? Much of the information we absorb is a distraction, and we could just focus on the things that matter.
Here’s how to remove information overload and streamline your online contact time:
- Turn your phone off from the evening until the next morning, after you leave the house – try this for a day or two and see what extra headspace you get and how better connected you are with those at home
- Turn off all notifications on text, email, Whatsapp, social media and news
- Choose when to engage/set times for information gathering and replying – twice a day, once at lunchtime and early evening works well
- End all subscriptions to sites and newsletters that you don’t need
- Remove all news, including newspapers and online feeds
- Only focus on reading information that you need right now. Use Evernote’s “clipper” to store and save articles that you see on the web and categories them “to read now” or “read later”.
- With social media feeds or advertising, ask yourself; “do I need this right now?” “do I need this later?” or “do I love this?” then categories accordingly
At first, it was tough switching off, and much of what we do is out of habit, but I have a much clearer head and feel better organised and far less distracted. The big realisation is that most of the information that presents itself is needlessly time-consuming and useless. Are you ready to eliminate information overload?
“…a wealth of information creates a poverty of attention…” Herbert A. Simon
Get your very own "Wheel of Life"to check your happiness levels & create your happiness goals!
You'll also be joining our awesome mailing list to receive the latest news from Work It Sister!
Thank you! Now please head over to your email so that you confirm your subscription. If it doesn't arrive then please check your spam folder.
Are you ready to start ROCKING YOUR LIFE?
Welcome to Work It Sister!
I’m Jo! I’m a career, relationship and healthy living coach. I help women who’ve had major setbacks in their career, relationships and health who feel like they’ve lost their mojo start ROCKING their life with the ROCK YOUR LIFE METHOD…woohoo!
Click here to learn more about the ROCK YOUR LIFE METHOD and how I can help you get back on top!
On my blog I share some tools, tips and shizzle that works to help you get back on top and start rocking your life again….woohoo!
Check out my blogs on:
I’m busy rocking my life as a career, relationship and healthy living coach and doing all the things I love like yoga, pilates, meditation and exploring happiness. Learn more about me here….peace and love always…Jo xxx
If you enjoyed this post pin it for later or share with your friends on social media!