Everybody has at least one thing they are great at. Do you know what your strengths are? Here’s how you can play to your strengths to boost your performance at work…
Getting to know what you’re good at and playing up to those strengths can help you:
1. boost your performance by up to 50%
2. provide a fast route to good performance and recognition in a new role.
3. craft your role, so you capitalise on what you are good at.
4. be happier and more productive at work and it’s easy, you’re good at this anyway.
5. if you feel like you’re not confident at work. Try strength building and see the fantastic results.
What are your strengths?
- write down 3 of your strengths
- write down 2 instances when you have used each of these strengths in an impactful way
What do others say your strengths are?
Things that you take for granted other people see so ask the those around you what your strengths are.
Ask a variety of the people you interact with:
- what do you think I’m good at
- please share an example
- If you needed help with something specific what would be the specific thing that you’d call me for?
Just hearing others share what fantastic strengths you have will boost your confidence.
Plan to play up to your strengths
For each strength:
1. write down how you will play up to this strength. Think of opportunities where you can do this and when.
2. Set a timeline for playing up.
3. Assess how well you’ve done and then refine for peak performance as required.
I’m not suggesting you ignore your weaknesses but playing to strengths can help you achieve quick wins.
Although Tom Rath said, “if I spent my life trying to be good at everything, I would never be great at anything.”
Here are some blog posts to help you get your next job:
- How to Write a Killer Resume
- 60+Words to “Power Up” your Resume from Good to Amazing!
- How to Write Resume to Get You Past the ATS and Get an Interview
- How to Create a Linkedin Profile Recruiters Love in 11 Easy Steps
- How to get the Job You Want and Earn More?
- How to Identify Your Personal Brand and Why You Need One
- How to Promote Your Personal Brand to Boost Your Earning Potential
Are you ready to start ROCKING YOUR LIFE?
Welcome to Work It Sister!
I’m Jo! I’m a career, relationship and healthy living coach. I help women who’ve had major setbacks in their career, relationships and health who feel like they’ve lost their mojo start ROCKING their life with the ROCK YOUR LIFE METHOD…woohoo!
Click here to learn more about the ROCK YOUR LIFE METHOD and how I can help you get back on top!
On my blog I share some tools, tips and shizzle that works to help you get back on top and start rocking your life again….woohoo!
Check out my blogs on:
I’m busy rocking my life as a career, relationship and healthy living coach and doing all the things I love like yoga, pilates, meditation and exploring happiness. Learn more about me here….peace and love always…Jo xxx
How To Create A Linkedin profile Recruiters Love And Get Your Dream Job With This Easy Step By Step Checklist
You'll also be joining our awesome mailing list to receive the latest news from Work It Sister!
Thank you! Now please head over to your email so that you confirm your subscription. If it doesn't arrive then please check your spam folder.
If you enjoyed this post pin it for later or share with your friends on social media!